Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hike to the Chateau de la Bathie

I (Justin) have been wanting to go up to a Chateau I've seen up on a mountainside. I finally got my chance.

We took the bus to the base of the hillside, then started on foot. Here's the view of Chambery.

The Chateau de la Bathie, which apparently is a castle from the 15th Century.

This narrow road is surprisingly heavily travelled!


The front gate. Unfortunately, it is not open to visitors.

Jamie (and her dad and sister) were good sports and hiked up too.



The cover of the bus map features this chateau, which is why I've wanted to go see it. This is where the picture was taken from for the cover.


1 comment:

Brian said...

So *THAT'S* where that chateau is! I've been wondering that recently, just hadn't gotten around to digging deeper. Thanks!